Katerina Stamatelos Blog: New Music composer, pianist, painter, fashion designer, and poetess. Pages are constantly redesigned and new ones are added! I have a serious problem in...keeping up with myself! My interest are too many and take all day's time and beyond. THIS page however is a good starting point! Subscribe to my blog and follow all the exciting news and informational pages!
The information of my blog will be divided into several sub sections: New Music, Composition (in general), Piano Performance, Historical Musicology, Painting, Poetry, Fashion Design, Industrial Design (this covers all products other than strictly Fashion) and pages of general interest (like Insurance, my new sub niche!). Lastly, all pages that have been added (or reconstructed) lately appear regularly at the bottom of this blog!
Since 2010, Katerina has been chief designer of the Sxisma Fashion House, using various online platforms to create hundreds of fashion items, including home décor. These products can be found in abundance by googling the term “Sxisma Fashion.” However, her creativity encompasses far more than these platforms would indicate. She has commented often about the simplicity of available patterns and the commonality of materials.
The publication of her visionary designs fills this void. She has accepted our representation and now feels free to design according to her wishes and take her innovative ideas as far as she is able. We could not be more pleased.
The Collections of this series of books are published with the fashion design student, professional designer, manufacturer, and fashion lover in mind. The designs are completely original and have never been realized as physical products. This makes them invaluable for the following reasons:
1. You will be inspired for the creation of your own collections.
2. You will be encouraged to use portions of these ideas for your own purposes.
3. Fashion Design ideas will inspire painters, architects, and other visual artists. Katerina states that they even inspire her in music composition!
4. We have omitted “suggested materials” due to the fact that each design can be realized in myriad ways. We will never stand in the way of your creativity.
5. Each Designer Collection consists of up to 25 original designs, depending on the central theme, with or without accessories.
6. Each Designer Collection is published every other month (on the 13th, Katerina’s “lucky” number).
7. Each Designer Collection features a specific theme, with some themes being the continuation of others.
8. The “continuation of theme” stated above (and further transformations of similar ideas) can facilitate the creation of a series of your own collections: the particular process may be called structural design and can be invaluable to the creation of all forms of art.
9. Considering their originality and taking into account the fact that these designs represent potential “gold mines” in terms of profitability in the manufacturing industry, easy access to these ideas is priceless.
10. Note for interested manufacturers: the designs are copyrighted. If you are interested in putting them into production individually or as a group, you will need to purchase a licensing clearance (contract). The cost depends either on the number of items produced or on a certain period of production (usually two years). Please indicate your preferences by using the “contact” button on our website (katerinastamatelos.com). We are open to all types of collaboration.
The first book is already here!
The book itself will be for sale here, on this website, just by clicking (at your left or below) on the button "Sxisma Publishing."
Subscribe to my monthly Sxisma Publishing Newsletter and get a 40 % discount on this book, as well as on many other great products!
While you can search for ALL of the titles of my original art by clicking on the left column (under "Art"), here you will find exclusive news. After serious consideration, I have decided to offer affordable, yet quality alternatives to buying my originals. Today, I am presenting to you some Art Prints that come pretty close to the beauty of my original art, yet they remain at very reasonable prices. You can also order them as canvas prints! As these are considered open prints, you can play around with your preferences concerning sizes: the site I am referring you to (Imagekind) offers a wide selection of sizes and options (art print or canvas print) which you can immediately see as applied on a living room wall!
This first painting, under the title Deadly Beauty, carries all the characteristics of my mature mixed media paintings. I personally consider this portrait as one of my strongest works: harsh strokes against a water-color-like treatment of the face and surroundings. Here I have used crayons mixed with gouache. This technique is one of the main characteristics of how well gouache can blend in!
Gouache paint, unlike watercolor, covers all layers below it. This makes the painting process easier, as it feels more direct. For example: when painting flowers with watercolors, a darker background must be carefully painted around the flower. However, with gouache, this is not the case: one can paint light colors on top of darker ones! This is one of the most outstanding gouache painting techniques that brings this paint closer to that of oil painting. And this capability makes this medium quite unique.
Gouache paint is not absorbed into the paper, unlike watercolor. This means that some textural effects are possible. However, if too much paint is used, there is always the danger of the "cracking" of the surface.
The painting below, named "Three Little Girls," rank among my very best! This selection is for the true art lover who appreciates profound works vs "soothing art."
Just added new pages with my latest T-Shirt designs! Just click on the Sxisma Fashion button to see them!
To see the individual web pages, please click below:
You can see here some of these designs!
Follow My Music on Spotify!
This is a selection of articles around music (not about my own music composition!). Some of them fall under the category of Historical Musicology. At the moment, the subjects that these articles cover are the following: Best Music Recording Software,Brain and Music Research, Development of Modern Piano, Josquin des Prez Mass, and Pythagoras Biography. These articles are just the start of a more comprehensive
Latest Articles in Historical Musicology:
If you are interested in finding out more about my own music (composition and piano performance), you will have to click on the following buttons:Music Composition, Compositions List, Composition Reviews, Discography, and Piano Performance.
Sxisma Art Gallery. Originals For Sale: Katerina Stamatelos's paintings as represented by the Sxisma Art Galleries.
In Red. Original Gouache Painting by Artist Katerina Stamatelos.
Piano Performance. Katerina Stamatelos's Interpretations and Solo Keyboard Education.
Little Girl III. Original Painting by Katerina Stamatelos. Gouache on Paper.
Little Girl I: Original Painting by Katerina Stamatelos. Gouache on Paper.
Little Girl II. Original Painting by Katerina Stamatelos. Gouache on Paper.
Artworks Complete Catalogue: Arts Degree and Painting Classes.
Katerina Stamatelos: New Music composer, pianist, poet, painter, fashion designer.
Sxisma ArtShop. Buy Framed Art Prints by Katerina Stamatelos. There are also options such as: canvas, metal, acrylic, or poster prints.
Compositions list: Katerina Stamatelos' official webpage where a complete list of her compositions can be found.
Songs And Prayers Of The Abyss: A Composition For Mezzo-Soprano, Brass Quintet, And Nine Percussionists. Marcia Roberts mezzo.
License My Art.
Sxisma Fashion. Womenswear, Menswear, Kids and Baby Fashion. Designer Clothes from Luxury to Casual.
Fashion Design. Courses. Careers. History of Fashion Design. Websites.
Art Licensing. An Informational Guide to Art Licensing.
Art Licensing News. The Latest News and Peculiarities About the World of Art Licensing.
Are Pianists Born or Made?
Art Licensing Agents. What They Are and Why Do Artists Need Them. List of Over 50 USA and UK Art Licensing Agencieses.
Acrylic painting: recent rise, domination in the art market, comparison to oil painting.
Geometric Pattern 1 Licensing.
Geometric Pattern 1-colour-9
Geometric Pattern 1-colour-8