Katerina Stamatelos Blog: New Music composer, pianist, painter, fashion designer, and poetess. Pages are constantly redesigned and new ones are added! I have a serious problem in...keeping up with myself! My interest are too many and take all day's time and beyond. THIS page however is a good starting point! Subscribe to my blog and follow all the exciting news and informational pages!
The information of my blog will be divided into several sub sections: New Music, Composition (in general), Piano Performance, Historical Musicology, Painting, Poetry, Fashion Design, Industrial Design (this covers all products other than strictly Fashion) and pages of general interest (like Insurance, my new sub niche!). Lastly, all pages that have been added (or reconstructed) lately appear regularly at the bottom of this blog!
Since 2010, Katerina has been chief designer of the Sxisma Fashion House, using various online platforms to create hundreds of fashion items, including home décor. These products can be found in abundance by googling the term “Sxisma Fashion.” However, her creativity encompasses far more than these platforms would indicate. She has commented often about the simplicity of available patterns and the commonality of materials.
The publication of her visionary designs fills this void. She has accepted our representation and now feels free to design according to her wishes and take her innovative ideas as far as she is able. We could not be more pleased.
The Collections of this series of books are published with the fashion design student, professional designer, manufacturer, and fashion lover in mind. The designs have only been partially realized as physical products. This makes them invaluable for the following reasons:
1. You will be inspired for the creation of your own collections.
2. You will be encouraged to use portions of these ideas for your own purposes.
3. Fashion Design ideas will inspire painters, architects, and other visual artists. Katerina states that they even inspire her in music composition!
4. We have omitted “suggested materials” due to the fact that each design can be realized in myriad ways. We will never stand in the way of your creativity.
5. Each Designer Collection consists of up to 25 original designs, depending on the central theme, with or without accessories.
6. Each Designer Collection is published every second or third month (on the 13th, Katerina’s “lucky” number).
7. Each Designer Collection features a specific theme, with some themes being the continuation of others.
8. The “continuation of theme” stated above (and further transformations of similar ideas) can facilitate the creation of a series of your own collections: the particular process may be called structural design and can be invaluable to the creation of all forms of art.
9. Considering their originality and taking into account the fact that these designs represent potential “gold mines” in terms of profitability in the manufacturing industry, easy access to these ideas is priceless.
10. Note for interested manufacturers: the designs are copyrighted. If you are interested in putting them into production individually or as a group, you will need to purchase a licensing clearance (contract). The cost depends either on the number of items produced or on a certain period of production (usually two years). Please indicate your preferences by using the “contact” button on our website (katerinastamatelos.com). We are open to all types of collaboration.
All books will be for sale here, on this website, just by clicking (at your left or below) on the button "Sxisma Publishing."
While you can search for ALL of the titles of my original art by clicking on the left column (under "Art"), here you will find exclusive news. After serious consideration, I have decided to offer affordable, yet quality alternatives to buying my originals. Today, I am presenting to you some Art Prints that come pretty close to the beauty of my original art, yet they remain at very reasonable prices. You can also order them as canvas prints! As these are considered open prints, you can play around with your preferences concerning sizes: the site I am referring you to (Imagekind) offers a wide selection of sizes and options (art print or canvas print) which you can immediately see as applied on a living room wall!
This first painting, under the title Deadly Beauty, carries all the characteristics of my mature mixed media paintings. I personally consider this portrait as one of my strongest works: harsh strokes against a water-color-like treatment of the face and surroundings. Here I have used crayons mixed with gouache. This technique is one of the main characteristics of how well gouache can blend in!
Gouache paint, unlike watercolor, covers all layers below it. This makes the painting process easier, as it feels more direct. For example: when painting flowers with watercolors, a darker background must be carefully painted around the flower. However, with gouache, this is not the case: one can paint light colors on top of darker ones! This is one of the most outstanding gouache painting techniques that brings this paint closer to that of oil painting. And this capability makes this medium quite unique.
Gouache paint is not absorbed into the paper, unlike watercolor. This means that some textural effects are possible. However, if too much paint is used, there is always the danger of the "cracking" of the surface.
The painting below, named "Three Little Girls," rank among my very best! This selection is for the true art lover who appreciates profound works vs "soothing art."
Just added new pages with my latest T-Shirt designs! Just click on the Sxisma Fashion button to see them!
To see the individual web pages, please click below:
You can see here some of these designs!
Follow My Music on Spotify!
This is a selection of articles around music (not about my own music composition!). Some of them fall under the category of Historical Musicology. At the moment, the subjects that these articles cover are the following: Best Music Recording Software,Brain and Music Research, Development of Modern Piano, Josquin des Prez Mass, and Pythagoras Biography. These articles are just the start of a more comprehensive
Latest Articles in Historical Musicology:
If you are interested in finding out more about my own music (composition and piano performance), you will have to click on the following buttons:Music Composition, Compositions List, Composition Reviews, Discography, and Piano Performance.
Black and White Long Dress
Black and White Dress
Fashion-Design. Courses. Careers. History of Fashion Design. Websites.
Sxisma Art Gallery. Originals For Sale: Katerina Stamatelos's paintings as represented by the Sxisma Art Galleries.
Quotes About Music. 234 citations to inspire and inform.
Art Licensing Agents. What They Are and Why Do Artists Need Them. List of Over 50 USA and UK Art Licensing Agencieses.
SXISMA-management: Katerina Stamatelos, New Music Composer, Concert Pianist, Painter, Poetess, Fashion Designer is represented solely by SXISMA Management.
Solo Piano Performance. Katerina Stamatelos's Interpretations and Solo Keyboard Education.
What Is Gouache: History And Applications.
What Is Art Licensing. An Informational Guide.
We Who Would Be Great And Kind: A Composition For Mezzo Soprano And Ensemble.
Vladimir de Pachmann
Variations and Invocation Upon A 'Kyrie Eleison' And An 'Anathema', op.4: A Composition For Piano Solo (1994).
Threnos: a lamentation for soprano, flute and tape by Katerina Stamatelos, based on Antigone's threnody by Sophocles
The Power of Social Media Presentation: a brief but concise analysis that focuses on today's business and marketing strategies.
The Piano Virtuoso Career: The Reality Behind The Glory
The Femmes Fatales Paintings. Art Works Around The Fatal Power of Feminine Beauty.
THAWST IV: a Composition for Marimba and Violin by Katerina Stamatelos. Music for marimba and violin duo.
THAWST III, op.25: composed for Charango and guitar quartet (2009)
THAWST II: a Composition for Saxophone Quartet by Katerina Stamatelos.
THAWST I: a Composition for Flute, Guitar, and Violoncello by Katerina Stamatelos.